Concurrency and Parallelism in Python- not as complicated as you think - Ibukun Oluwayomi
In this talk, Ibukun Oluwayomi will attempt to answer the following questions:
- What really is concurrency?
- Is concurrency the same thing as parallelism?
- What concurrent problems are and why approaching them concurrently is the best approach.
- What tools for concurrency and parralellism are available in the python standard library and the limitations they have.
- What the Global interpreter lock (GIL) is and why the Python Multithreading module is not what you might expect.
This talk will barely scratch the surface of concurrency as it is quite a complicated topic in software development. Ibukun’s goal is to show that you do not have to understand all of those complexities to take advantage of its benefits as a Python developer.
Ibukun is a Software Development Engineer on the Server frameworks and Architecture team at Amadeus services London where he tries to automate everything automatable. He is a recent graduate of Ryerson University Canada where he studied Biomedical Engineering. His career is just starting out; however, he is passionate about Test driven development and DevOps.
GraphQL and Django - Mat Clayton
Mat Clayton, CTO and co-founder of Mixcloud (a Django powered website with over 10Million active users) will take us through GraphQL in the Django world.